ICAO TV is home to aviation content. Stream the latest videos from ICAO and civil aviation partners. Watch events, subject matter expert webinars and interviews, education and training videos, and much more.
The Air Navigation Commission Talks (ANC Talks) were created as a means to allow the Air Navigation Commission (ANC) to engage with industry and aviation stakeholders to discuss different topics related to the future of aviation. The ANC Talks features interviews with distinguished guests that provide an overview of the topic at hand.
ICAO’s ANC considers and recommends Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) and Procedures for Air Navigation Services (PANS) for adoption or approval by the ICAO Council.
• Loftur Jonasson - C/CNSS
• Di Reimold, Deputy Vice President (Acting), Flight Program Operations
Andrew Roy, ASRI, Chair of FSMP
• Joseph Cramer, Regulatory Policy and International Spectrum Management, Boeing
• Claude Pichavant – Airbus, Chair of ICNSS TF
Managing the implementation of ICAO SARPs – the Republic of Korea approach
Presenter: Crystal Kim, Director of the ICAO & Global Partnerships of MOLIT
ICAO has devoted much time and energy to supporting States as they seek to implement ICAO standards and recommended practices. While States will always value being able to access additional resources to assist with imp...
Mitigating the lithium battery risk in air transport
Presenters: Doug Ferguson (Boeing)….co-chairman of the SAE LB packaging standard wg
Richard Hill (FAA technical Center) – hazards and risks
Claude Chanson (Recharge) – UN Informal Working Group on LB Classification
Ken Mann (Rapiscan) – screening
Harbourair and Transport Canada: Operating with Electric Propulsion
Vancouver-based, Harbour Air, is North America’s largest seaplane airline and the first to be fully carbon-neutral. In December 2019, the company made the headlines with news that it had modified one of its De Havilland Beavers to be fully electric and had started flight testing the aircraft. I...
NAV CANADA: Magnetic to True North, Change by 2030
As we are all well aware, Magnetic North is our main reference for aircraft navigation today. There is interest, however, in making a transition to an aviation heading and track system based on TRUE NORTH instead. This, it is thought could lead to improved safety and reduced costs. One organis...
Late in 2021, Rolls Royce’s Spirit of Innovation project led to a new airspeed record for an electrically powered aircraft. RR Spirit of Innovation Press Release. In this talk, CAA and Rolls Royce talk about the challenges they needed to overcome to make this happen and what this tells them about...
Flight TS236 Twenty years after with Captain Robert Piché
On the early hours of the 24th of August 2001, Air Transat flight TS236 was overflying the North Atlantic, enroute from Toronto to Lisbon, when a sequence of events resulted in a complete fuel exhaustion and the shut down of both engines, as the captain, Robert Piché was already diverting to Laje...
The ANC Talks Series Interview: ARGOSAI: Artificial intelligence for the future
- Artificial Intelligence: Now and its Future
- How can AI help the Aviation sector?
- AI Solution to enhance the safety on runways
- The future of AI in Aviation: Need for visionary leadership
- Istanbul Airport Speech
- Gazipaşa Airport Speech
ANC Talks Series: IFALPA: Cognitive Bias and Safety
- Captain Jack Netskar, President of IFALPA
- Captain Uwe Harter, Executive Vice-President for Technical and Safety Standards
- Arnaud du Bédat, Senior Technical Officer
- Gordon Margison, Senior Technical Officer
- Captain Kimberly Perkins, PhD student University of Washington
Catalina Ochoa, World Bank Group (WBG): Senior Urban Transport Specialist (Tanzania)
David Guerin, Consultant WBG representing African Drone Forum: UAS safety and regulations (England)
Denise Soesilo, Industry Liaison vice governme...
Development of Halon Replacement Agents for Aircraft Cargo Compartments
The presentation is provided by: the ICCAIA; on the Development Work for Halon Replacements for the Cargo Compartment, Halon Replacements for Engines and APUs and The activity and progress of the Halon Alternatives for Aircraft Propulsion Systems (HAAPS) Consortium.
5G Signal Interference with Aviation Radar Altimeters (RADALTs)
Presentation on the 5G Signal Interference with Aviation Radar Altimeters (RADALTs).
Terry McVenes, RTCA
Al Secen, RTCA
Chris Hope, FAA.
Philippe Barnola, Head of Strategy and Investment, French Air Navigation Service Provider
Hette HOEKEMA, Chief expert Avionics and Electrical Syste...
Interview with Job Aviation. Guests include:
- Mr. Greg Bowles, Head of Government Affairs
- Mr. Bill Goodwin, Deputy General Counsel for Policy and Regulatory
- Mr. Max Fenkell, Policy and Government Affairs Lead
- Mr. John Illson, Commercial Operations and Certification Lead
Current and future challenges in air cargo with TIACA
Interview with The International Air Cargo Association (TIACA):
- Mr. Vladimir Zubkov, Special Advisor to the TIACA Board on Industry Affairs
- Mr. Steven Polmans, Chairman, TIACA Board of Directors, Director Cargo & Logistics, Miami Dade Aviation Department
- Mr. Emir Pineda , TIACA Board Member...