Innovation in electric propulsion
Air Navigation Commission • 12m
Late in 2021, Rolls Royce’s Spirit of Innovation project led to a new airspeed record for an electrically powered aircraft. RR Spirit of Innovation Press Release. In this talk, CAA and Rolls Royce talk about the challenges they needed to overcome to make this happen and what this tells them about the challenges to be overcome if this technology is to be adopted for widespread use in commercial aviation. This should help ANC to have a conversation about what regulatory environment might be needed in the future and what steps may be needed to safely introduce this technology.
our speakers are:
David Malins, Head of Airworthiness at UKCAA
Jon Wandless, Director of Airworthiness and Quality, Civil Aerospace at Rolls-Royce plc
Phill O’Dell, Director of Flight Operations at Rolls-Royce plc
Ash Owen, Chief Engineer at Rolls-Royce plc
Up Next in Air Navigation Commission
Flight TS236 Twenty years after with ...
On the early hours of the 24th of August 2001, Air Transat flight TS236 was overflying the North Atlantic, enroute from Toronto to Lisbon, when a sequence of events resulted in a complete fuel exhaustion and the shut down of both engines, as the captain, Robert Piché was already diverting to Laje...
The ANC Talks Series Interview: ARGOS...
- Artificial Intelligence: Now and its Future
- How can AI help the Aviation sector?
- AI Solution to enhance the safety on runways
- The future of AI in Aviation: Need for visionary leadership
- Istanbul Airport Speech
- Gazipaşa Airport Speech
The presenters will be:
ANC Talks Series: IFALPA: Cognitive B...
- Captain Jack Netskar, President of IFALPA
- Captain Uwe Harter, Executive Vice-President for Technical and Safety Standards
- Arnaud du Bédat, Senior Technical Officer
- Gordon Margison, Senior Technical Officer
- Captain Kimberly Perkins, PhD student University of Washington