Flight TS236 Twenty years after with Captain Robert Piché
Air Navigation Commission • 1h 51m
On the early hours of the 24th of August 2001, Air Transat flight TS236 was overflying the North Atlantic, enroute from Toronto to Lisbon, when a sequence of events resulted in a complete fuel exhaustion and the shut down of both engines, as the captain, Robert Piché was already diverting to Lajes Airport, in Terceira island in the Azores. During 19 minutes, the Airbus A330-200 glided to what could have been a tragedy. On this last ANC Talks we will have Robert Piché telling us his story in the first person.
Antonio Barroso (Consul-General of Portugal in Montreal)
José Ramos (ATCO on duty at Lajes Approach, talking to the pilot during the glide until he landed)
Rui Madeira (ATCO on duty at Lajes TWR)
Luis Trindade (Head of Flight Safety, Lajes Air Base)
Alfredo Cruz, Gen. (Retired) (Base Commander)
Up Next in Air Navigation Commission
The ANC Talks Series Interview: ARGOS...
- Artificial Intelligence: Now and its Future
- How can AI help the Aviation sector?
- AI Solution to enhance the safety on runways
- The future of AI in Aviation: Need for visionary leadership
- Istanbul Airport Speech
- Gazipaşa Airport Speech
The presenters will be:
ANC Talks Series: IFALPA: Cognitive B...
- Captain Jack Netskar, President of IFALPA
- Captain Uwe Harter, Executive Vice-President for Technical and Safety Standards
- Arnaud du Bédat, Senior Technical Officer
- Gordon Margison, Senior Technical Officer
- Captain Kimberly Perkins, PhD student University of Washington
DFS German Air Navigation Service
Mr. Arndt Schoenemann
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chairman of the Executive Board
DFS Deutsche Flugsicherung
German Air Navigation Service