Traveller Identification Programme (TRIP)
TRIP2018 : Session 6 - Advance Passenger Information (API) Interactice Session
Session 6. Advance Passenger Information (API) Interactive Session
States in conjunction with the relevant stakeholders are transitioning from the traditional reliance on completing a single step traveller identification and risk assessment at entry controls, towards continuous identification of travellers and risk assessment repeated at each phase of the journey as new information becomes available. The experts will demonstrate how various interactive tools can be used as a decision making tool that border control agencies can employ before a passenger is cleared for travel.
Moderator: Christopher Hornek, ICAO Project Manager & Passenger Data Exchange Expert
API & PNR Interactive Tools:
• Jelle Postma, Program Director, Office of National Coordinator Security and Counter-Terrorism, Ministry of Justice & Security, Netherlands
• Felipe Mendes Moraes, Head of the Customs Regimes Division, Ministry of Finance, Brazil
• Terry Wall, Project Manager, World Customs Organization (WCO)
• Fabrizio Di Carlo, Forensic and Police Data Management, General Secretariat, INTERPOL
• Ilker Duzgoren, Manager Aviation Facilitation, International Air Transport Association (IATA)
Up Next in Fourteenth Traveller Identification Symposium (TRIP 2018)
TRIP2018: Session 7 - Border Control:...
Session 7. Border Control: Inspection Systems and Tools & Interoperable Applications
A key element in strengthening aviation security is to ensure that border inspection systems capture, verify and record data contained in the MRTDs and about travellers at the different phases of the journey...
TRIP2018: Session 8 - Border Control ...
Session 8. Border Control Management And Future In Travel
Effective implementation of the ICAO TRIP Strategy is essential in helping States optimize the economic, social, and political benefits of international travel and to achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. It also helps...
TRIP2018: Skytalk- Identification Sol...