Global Aviation Security Symposium (AVSEC)
AVSEC2021 - Day 1
Day 1 of the ICAO Global Aviation Security Symposium 2021 (AVSEC2021) - "Business NOT as usual."
1. Opening remarks by Mr. Mohamed Khalifa Rahma, Director, Air Transport Bureau at the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
2. Session 1 - Security Innovation during COVID-19: Reframing Challenges as Opportunities: By design, security airport processes involve physical interactions between security personnel and passengers throughout a journey. To comply with public health requirements, regulators and industry have had to implement a number of solutions aimed at limiting physical interactions while ensuring security outcomes are met. In this session, the panellists will share their experience and explore the challenges and opportunities inherent in implementing such solutions during the pandemic. In particular, they will exchange various technological innovations that may contribute to greater efficiency in aviation security. These include the use of modern screening equipment that allows for more efficient screening with enhanced detection capability and contactless solutions like biometrics systems, which can be leveraged to address health requirements. The moderator for this session is Mr. Billy Shallow, Director, Innovation and Technology, Airports Council International (ACI) World with panellists Mr. Scott Dullard, Head of Aviation Operations and Security, Melbourne Airport, Australia; Ms. Wendy Reiter, Director, Aviation Security and Emergency Preparedness, Port of Seattle, United States; and Mr. Alfonso Horna Gómez, Head of Inspection and Processes Department, AENA, Spain.
3. Skytalk by Regula
4. Skytalk by SECURIPORT
5. Session 2 - Empowering Human Resources to Support Recovery: This session will focus on new tools (including the ICAO AVSEC Function Mapping Table) to enhance aviation security staff competencies during the COVID-19 pandemic. Panellists will share training best practices that strengthen the security posture and security culture of staff, focusing on the importance of human factors in aviation. The moderator for this session is Mr. David Sterland, Chief, Implementation Support and Development - Security Section, International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) with panellists Mr. Ricardo Fernandes, Aviation Security Senior Officer, Facilitation and Security Directorate, Civil Aviation Authority, Portugal; Ms. Ana María Pineda García, Academic Coordinator, Center for Aeronautical Studies (CEA), Colombia; Mr. Richard Skinner, Director, Hong Kong International Aviation Academy; Ms. Nina Smith, Head of Training and Human Factors, Aviation Security, Civil Aviation Authority, United Kingdom; and Mr. Roni Tidhar, Head of International Consulting Services, Israel Airports Authority, Israel.
Up Next in AVSEC2021
AVSEC2021 - Day 2
Day 2 of the ICAO Global Aviation Security Symposium 2021 (AVSEC2021) - "Business NOT as usual."
1. Session 3 - Preparedness: Lessons Learned for Resilient Aviation Security: During 2020 and 2021, the aviation community had to learn how to adapt with reduced resources and ever-changing circums...
AVSEC2021 - Day 3
Day 3 of the ICAO Global Aviation Security Symposium 2021 (AVSEC2021) - "Business NOT as usual."
Commemoration of the 20th anniversary of the attacks of 11 September 2001
1. Opening Remarks by Mr. Juan Carlos Salazar, Secretary General, International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
Introduction to Security Culture trai...
ICAO Global Aviation Training (GAT) and UK CAA International (CAAi) deliver a 2-day Introduction to Security Culture training course under the ICAO TRAINAIR PLUS Programme. The course helps regulated entities and aviation authorities understand the concept and benefits of an effective security c...