Panel 4 - Harnessing the power of gender responsive policies and financing
Achieving gender equality and the empowerment of women in the aviation sector inter alia requires the development and implementation of robust institutional arrangements within States, regional and international aviation organizations as well as the broader international aviation industry.
This session focuses on the importance of integrating gender equality considerations in aviation policy and planning processes, strategies and frameworks. It also looks at how to create an enabling environment for women within the aviation sector, and identifies the ways in which workplace culture can be transformed by gender-sensitive policies such as flexible working arrangements, the promotion of work-life balance, and the implementation of inclusive and transparent human resources policies. Lastly, the session discusses the significance of allocating sufficient human and financial resources to implement these institutional arrangements in order to successfully address the gender gap in the aviation sector.
- Moderator: Dr. Leslie Groves, Senior Gender Equality and Leadership Consultant
- Ms. Gema Martín del Burgo, President, Ellas Vuelan Alto
- Ms. Katja Pehrman, Senior Advisor, UN Women (tbc)
- Ms. Poppy Khoza, Director General, South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA)
- Ms. Priscilla Mannis, Acting Head of Finance and Administration, Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) Kosovo Mission
ICAO NGAP Programme going forward
Award Ceremony - Women in Aviation Multimedia Engagement Contest