Lightning Talks - Making gender data matter for aviation
Through enlightening presentations, this session focuses on the key role of data in making informed decisions and developing inclusive solutions to resource planning and sustainable growth of aviation, including evidence-based strategies, policies and measures that correspond to the priorities, gaps and needs of the sector in achieving gender equality. It will look at some of the existing practices across the transport spectrum in collection and analysis of gender- disaggregated data, as well as opportunities to address data gaps in the sector.
- Moderator: Ms. Jessica Díaz de Leon Gomez, Statistical Data Manager, ICAO
- Ms. Anna Zarubina Ghion, Global Account Manager for Intergovernmental Organisations focusing on Aviation Industry, Amazon Web Services
- Ms. Jessica Díaz de Leon Gomez, Statistical Data Manager, ICAO
Behavioural Science in support of gender equality in aviation
Through enlightening presentations, this session explores opportunities for advancing gender equality in aviation through innovative approaches, such as the application of behavioural science into the recruitment process, so as to limit as much as possible cognitive bias, including those related to gender. This session will explore fundamental principles to de-bias recruitment processes and how this can be translated into day-to-day practices. From changing social norms, reducing gender inequalities in the workforce, and embracing an inclusive workplace, behavioural science can trigger practical transformation of how we do business and enhance gender equality in aviation.
- Moderator: Ms. Chrystelle Damar, Strategic Planning and Regional Coordination Officer, ICAO
- Ms. Chloe Bustin, Principal Advisor, International Programmes, The Behavioural Insights Team
- Dr. Viktor Oubaid, Head of Aviation and Space Psychology, German Aerospace Center (DLR)